Subject: [Leica] Results of January 2008 LUG Photo Contest
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat Feb 2 14:40:36 2008

There were some truly fabulous pictures entered in this month's contest. The
judges have all reported in, and here are the winners:

First prize: Carl Sander Socolow
Second prize: Aram Langhans
Third prize: Luis Ripoll  (Luis, nota que deletre? su nombre correctamente.)
Honorable mentions: Richard S. Taylor, Tina Manley, Philippe Amard

You can see all of these delectable photographs (and 66 more) at
        http://contest.leica-users.org/

Please remember that there is no requirement that you use a Leica to produce
your contest entry, but you do have to think about using one. The February
2008 contest is now open, and the theme is "sisterhood". The subjects of
your entries need not of course be your sisters, or anyone's sisters, or
each other's sisters, or even be female, or human. You can interpret the
theme however you wish. The judges are instructed to consider only
photographic quality when judging, but I think most of them
ignore my instructions and pick the pictures that they like the best in the
context of the monthly theme.

My own favorite entry this month was
http://contest.leica-users.org/main.php/v/0801/Odeon_1002_R14_31_4.jpg.html
but it did not win any prizes, except in my heart.

Brian Reid
LUG Saloon Keeper

Replies: Reply from topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (charlie chan) ([Leica] Results of January 2008 LUG Photo Contest)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Results of January 2008 LUG Photo Contest)