Subject: [Leica] M8 questions
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Feb 15 07:57:08 2008

I was a disbeliever.. then I did some research into what I estimated was
BS....

No, it is true.  I guess I could look into the physics more, but yes, the
sensor ( and glass) of a Digital Camera does either attract dust or acts
sort of like a glue to keep the dust in place.

BTW, I bought a Nikon D1 recently.  Sensor was clean.  Used it, changed
lenses on it, found a BIG dust/lint particle, blew it off with compressed
air.  Problem over.

Turning off the camera before changing lenses MAY help, and it sure does not
hurt......Some change lenses upside down ( lens mount faces down rather than
up) to keep dust out.  Also can't hurt.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] M8 questions)