Subject: [Leica] Okay to buy used M8?
From: csemetko at gmail.com (Craig Semetko)
Date: Wed Mar 12 13:10:39 2008

Hello All,

I'm thinking of buying a used M8. A few questions:

1 Is there a difference in quality based on the time it was made? That is,
are there serial number batches to avoid or seek?

2 Have the initial problems been corrected with firmware updates? Do you
have to buy I filters for your lenses and have them coded? Are the fixes
adequate in real world shooting?

3 What is the US warranty on the M8 and is it transferable to me?

4 Is there a price point for used M8's, and if so, what is it?

Any other general thoughts on buying a used M8 would be appreciated. I'm not
looking to start another thread on digital vs. film, I'm just wondering if
it's prudent to buy an M8 used or should I buy new.

Thanks in advance and cheers,

Craig

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Okay to buy used M8?)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Okay to buy used M8?)