Subject: [Leica] "Egypt is free!"
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 08:33:30 +0000

I think this is not much of a change really - yet. The military have
effectively been running the country for 30 years and Mubarak is -their-
leader and came from -their- ranks. The new leader so far announced is more
of the same.
I think the military have played the situation very well politically so far,
not surprising since all smart people with political aspirations join the
military since until now it has been the only way into power.
What will be interesting is whether they just end up with more of the same,
with the same military infrastructure as hitherto, with a different leader,
or whether there is real change.
It seems to me that for this we will have to wait and see.
FD