Subject: [Leica] China 1976
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 07:50:31 +0530

Nathan,
I got my first TV after both my sons were born in the early 1980s - that is
when broadcasts started on a pan-India scale. We had to wait 5 years to get
a telephone in those days, and it would take 3 days for an inter city
telephone call to come through (you had to book a call and wait). The
revolution in telecommunications and the rise of the middle class in the
last 20-25 years has been key to this transformation.
Cheers
Jayanand

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] China 1976)