Subject: [Leica] Canon 1D X -- the real marker to the end of the mega-pixel wars?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 18:53:05 -0400

Its the lens James Nachtwey is pretty known for using the  16-35 f2.8L II.
I'm sure he like most photographers are not into this wide open all the time
thing but stop down as much and as often as they can and try got make sure
they get what's needed in focus.. But when its dark they have to use it wide
open.
He  uses from all I can tell these canon focal lengths.:
24 1.4, 35 1.4, 16-35, 24-70.
Anyone who's seen the video War Photographer has seen him do it.
Take pictures that is.
Most photographers shoot Canon gear and the most commonly used glass now is
wides. So most images we see now in the media are done with Canon wides. I
do think there is only so bad this glass can be. The word would somehow get
out if everybody was using half assed glass.  I doubt very many are shooting
with Sigma or  manual focal Cosina Zeiss or resorting to 4/3's systems to
save their reputations.

--
Mark R.

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Canon 1D X -- the real marker to the end of the mega-pixel wars?)