Subject: [Leica] Buy your new Leica lens now
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 01:17:33 -0800

Geoff, the biggest problem of Leica raising prices is precisely that Leica
is not just a premium brand, it's actually a rely-on tool for some people
(probably yourself included).

I know we are a small minority, but a Leica camera with all the Leica lens
goodness but at some price levels that are south of the current prices are
what we want. Unfortunately, we are so small that Leica wants to make money
from the noveau riche from China and India.

I am not blaming Leica, this is just economic reality. Even Zeiss tries to
make a go with the new Zeiss Ikon and as far as I know, it's not a big
financial success either. May be a Zeiss Ikon Digital (full frame) for
$3500 would be, but that probably won't happen.

At least we do have the options of Zeiss lens, which, with the exception of
Herr Puts and other diehard "Leica Better," are pretty darn good values,
and more affordable.

--

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Buy your new Leica lens now)
Message from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Buy your new Leica lens now)