Subject: [Leica] Buy your new Leica lens now
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:36:58 +0000

The Zeiss Ikon was a sales disaster selling very few. A Zeiss Ikon digital
is also unlikely to sell more than a M9 unless priced such that they sell at
a loss.
The market is tiny, the attraction for the newly rich -is- the price. Same
with HiFi the system I have has increased in price by over a factor of 3
since I bought mine, and my amp, previously the top of the range, not has at
least 2 models above it at 6 figure prices!
As tax goes down for the rich, their incomes soar, and living standards go
down for the middle classes success comes from selling at high prices. What
is the business point in increasing volume to, hopefully, reduce costs when
the market is limited and quite capable of bearing the high price?
Rolls-Royce cars did this and went bust, ending up as BMWs.
FD

Message from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Buy your new Leica lens now)
Message from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Buy your new Leica lens now)