Subject: [Leica] Program to erase a HDD
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 18:12:26 -0600

I imagine it depends on what level of security you need.  We are subject
to all kinds of federal regulations on data security, hence the
sledgehammer (or .44 mag) advice if you must be sure.  The .44 was fun,
but there is a visceral sense with the sledgehammer that is just
"right".  IMHO.   Sort of like destroying the fax machine in "Office
Space".

Ken