Subject: [Leica] Program to erase a HDD
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 20:37:58 -0500

You could easily download a live distro of any one of the Linux flavors
and they all come with a disk partition program. There you could set a
new label, format and partition the full drive which would make it
extraordinarily difficult for anyone excepting the aforementioned
agencies, to recover any data.

Then again, it IS fall, so it's the season for shooting. You could tape
the physical platters to skeet and take them to the skeet/trap range...

Phil Forrest