Subject: [Leica] Magnum & the Dying Art of Darkroom Printing
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 19:05:17 -0500

I recently spent time with John Sexton. He is incredibly fastidious about
his printing and prints. To make the final print, he will print in many
exposures etc on different sheets, then tear up the images and 'paste'
them on a perspex board peeling away the options under 'viewing' lights
till the combination is 'perfect'. Then the final print is 'orchestrated'
from this 'paste up'

I am far too 'cheap' to use so much paper!!!!

The end mock up does look a bit like that article. Fantastic stuff. I have
certainly be using LR to paint in local adjustments for some time similar
to those made in the darkroom.

Cheers

Alastair