Subject: [Leica] sensor cleanliness
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 18:33:39 -0400

I do use my camera hard in hostile environments and cannot wait until I
have a dust-free, wind-free opportunity to change lenses; therefore, I have
many, many dust spots and splotches on my sensors.  I clean them with the
little rotating brush thing and the eraser-looking thing.  My M9 has a
stubborn spot on the far left hand edge that I need to use a liquid cleaner
on but haven't gotten around to yet.  In the meantime, in LR I can isolate
that particular smudge and tell the program to spot it in every single
photo made with that camera.  Sometimes I have to go back and tweak a spot
or two but it's still easier than doing each individual photo.  For stock
submissions any microscopic spot of dust will result in a rejection with
punitive actions by the stock agency.  I am happy with my Leica sensors and
would not want anything in front of the sensor that might degrade the image
in any way.

Tina