Subject: [Leica] S snapshots
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 01:20:12 -0400

A long long time ago Leica gear became an unaffordable waste to discuss on
the lug as soon as Cosina made bodies and lenses cheaper and earlier to buy
and sell and buy and sell.

The Leica S gets less attraction on the lug Geoff And you're right the
Fuji and Olympus 1.5 crop rangefinders gets the continual day by day
headlines.  Its just like Starbucks: small is tall.
Here small format is large format.
24x18mm is large format now. Small equals large. A bit Alice and Wonderland
like!
The key is getting quality on something called a camera which doest make for
completely embarrassing oneself. The sensor has to be bigger than your pinky
toenail.
But mainly the idea  going big here is a disposable consumer camera you buy
and trade three times a year

not the $21,950.00 investment the Leica S is.

So if small format is large format than medium format is anything you want
it to be mainly unnecessary and nobodies listening because you're talking
about a Ferrari 8-cylinder and everyone else wants a powered scooter.
The main issue is an S is not somthign you can buy on a whim.
To cheer you up how much talk is there really lately about a new Leica full
frame M (240) that you can snap up for a measly eight grand usd?!?!?
Not when there's stuff out there you can get for a lot cheaper.

Leica gear was very popular on the Lug until Cosina came along and started
making it all cheaper. Than it was all about how unaffordable and
unnecessary Leica gear was.  There is nothing new under the sun.