Subject: [Leica] Eyes
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 22:23:31 -0500

==On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Frank Filippone <red735i at
verizon.net>wrote:

> Geoff and Tina... I strongly disagree with going to an Eye Care person to
> get the proper diopter for you.
>
> Go to a local Leica store and try out the various strengths IN PERSON to
> fine the right one.

The right idea in principle but almost impossible in practice.

Unless you live in LA, Chicago, Miami or New York you are unlikely to find
a Leica store within reasonable driving distance much less one that has the
M diopters in stock in enough variations to be useful.

That said, I was first introduced to them by the former Nigel in the former
Beverly Hills Camera.  He told me I didn't know what I had been missing and
once I tried several in his shop I found he was exactly right. I keep one
on the M9 (and its predecessors) at all times. Once I sold an M7 to a
fellow who later sent me the diopter I had failed to remove from the body
before I shipped it to him, remarking he couldn't figure out why the
viewfinder seemed so fuzzy until he figured out I had left the diopter on.

--Bob

Message from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Eyes)
Message from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Eyes)