Subject: [Leica] M @ 3200
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 07:06:18 +1000
References: <09F9BEC9-2AE2-4972-9CE6-9D0C008A1738@gmail.com> <719BB319-35B1-4527-BA33-A6FBE2EE7299@acm.org> <CAAsXt4Oq1tTKHG3usFs_Tiex4f-5OAi_K=c9wLC4+Xms9Kp+qA@mail.gmail.com> <CAF8hL-Fve8MHY1JhjeTojo8aqurZMjNF41cE2mk7vfMDVsx3Dw@mail.gmail.com> <CAE3QcF5DoLiFkBJBOm_p_1iNR57cjdTKJ-qTckVm2eBYP1etPw@mail.gmail.com> <6139FD598FBA4427AD29DD2A1131F432@syneticfeba505> <C72406A4-01FE-43F8-AED0-5F9F24CC8FF1@acm.org> <CAE3QcF6WjBxUvuHf7N08ShLNycuzAJheoZm0Ar5-R3eZ2Hnnvg@mail.gmail.com> <CAAsXt4NMibYdZbmewT31MKnmVXEseJg7mN0a0YEzvvWzJkEkgg@mail.gmail.com>

;-) and the photographer was tired after 7 hours or so of walking and
shooting too. Lluis is a machine!

By no means a scientific comparison either. But actually it's interesting.
My anecdotal view is that the M9 is about a stop better for noise than the
M8 and the M at least that much better again. More than enough performance
for my purposes anyway. Meanwhile the Adobe raw engine probably has
improved at least that much too.
Also interesting to see the edge correction comparison (M9/M) in the
current LFI. The M uncorrected probably starts where the M9 ended up in its
last firmware, (which was very good). I really need to get out with my
wides more ;-)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman