Subject: [Leica] (selling vinyl) Overstuffed houses
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 08:04:43 -0800
References: <CAH1UNJ0wVhjNgd5rTQUKD9BA4AvrEvEND3R5uxqKNZMqGQ3o5g@mail.gmail.com> <5E2E68C3-336D-4C9C-86E7-D9F77CEF8664@archiphoto.com> <CAAsXt4Nw7QwAs_2Gz3g6ucpcoB0cQ2jk0aojH-YDJ-qkX4bW+Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAFfkXxtHB4Hpx6Wq3r7G=TC2AsTYSEGd--wW7xEAnYZed1=k3g@mail.gmail.com> <CAFfkXxtK-mQ7xekUkNRxHqG5S8_h+yyjhH4Y1Y4_FRZpnBNQjQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAAsXt4MCNBVo9sGd+H29iNe6E7ztViyMVsHjmPKhWHQKK-S_DA@mail.gmail.com> <CAE3QcF5T61imj4nM0L_1L6QOsKsvLfHR8tLWcfyAysoJXU1MSw@mail.gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ1pSzeWFRp34+uBE8cO1htzGzQyAbAWGv4nL72FqeeV7g@mail.gmail.com> <CAE3QcF7io6Ryj56dsRyDTj0zJ2O18fMJykJV9J72fmD9ZA_TEg@mail.gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ3SjNJVBSP4Fj8NTAUxHY1bkXi0HE5XjZYAzFcHer3HLQ@mail.gmail.com> <857BAF15-E59F-47FF-8F78-C99BB19872ED@gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ32RTtRk_cMdLzucs+0wH=M5soY17jtS5s7HfjC-UWX6w@mail.gmail.com> <D7F79207A7614E2F95FA8F5C96A7351F@Family>

> On Dec 5, 2014, at 1:44 AM, Douglas Barry <imra at iol.ie> wrote:
>
> Jayanand, we seem to be the accumulation generation. Thankfully all my
> vinyl left with my son. I'm currently thinning my place out as I'm moving
> to a smaller house in ten days. Every hour is filled with agonising
> decisions "Will I keep this, or will I throw it away. I might need it,
> but, then again, maybe I won't". You're right though, the sense of
> ownership is overrated, especially if the object is not used.
>
> I'm continually amazed by the sheer volume of stuff that comes into this
> house, and sticks there. Is it something in photographers' personalities
> that makes us want the best and then want to keep it forever? The recent
> documentary "Finding Vivian Maier" also highlighted this aspect of her

fascinating, just saw it. What an eye and a talent.  The other aspects, I
was unaware of. But then it all fits. I just loved the guy who was so sure
it wasn't a French accent.  He should join the LUG. A must see for all of us.

Steve

Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Two from The Online Photographer)
Message from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] Two from The Online Photographer)
Message from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Two from The Online Photographer)