Subject: [Leica] BOOK: This is our Work. :-) $4, 896. 01 === DEMISE PARTY! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 13:52:16 -0800

Geoff Hopkinson OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] BOOK: This is our Work. :-) $4,896. 01

Wow Ted you are a rare and valuable commodity!

I have 'This is our work', ''Women in Medicine', 'Men of the Saddle', 'Real

Photographers shoot B&W' and your wonderful DVD plus the 2 Leica

photographers ones we did and the LUG Yearbooks! My Dr Grant collection

must be enough to retire rich on except that I would Never part with any of

them. I need to bring the ones not already autographed to your 100th

birthday party!

Hi Geoff,

Well you do just that as I have full intention of surviving until May 27,
2029 birthday and dying on the same day! True it's all part of the
"LIFE-PLAN!" J

The party will be a smashing great event with barkeep with well stocked
Single Malt Scotch and other liquid refreshments, A huge spread of food,
with a major portion being Sushi!:-) J A band!

As you know the Ted Grant motto? ;-)

"Real Photographers shoot B&W. Eat Sushi & Drink Single Malt Scotch!" will
be on the napkins! J And a big banner outside home.

Last but not least an undertaker and crew who will whisk me out as soon as I
collapse dead at precisely 6pm. And at that moment the band will begin to
play, bar-keep will call out.."BARS OPEN!" The Chef will offer "FOODS ON!"
And the party will begin in great fashion. J

We'll also have taxis lined up curb side so guests who imbibe quite
vigorously can have a free ride home and not concerned about drinking and
driving over the police limit!:-)

Now is that not a well planned party or what? J J

And the post sent to me last evening about a copy of "This is Our Work. The
Legacy of Sir William Osler." with a price of $4,896.01. Is astounding. But
apparently quite legitimate. So who knows where it might be in 2029? J Or
some of the other Ted Grant books, medical or otherwise! J ?

Guests will be alerted a year in advance so their travel plans can be
arranged in time.

Bring the books early for signing as I'll be gone by 6pm! J Thank you. J

cheers,

Dr. ted J

On Sunday, February 15, 2015, Ted Grant <tedgrant at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Hi Crew,

> This could be a nice surprise for many of you who purchased my LEICA photo

> created medical book:

> "DOCTORS WORK. The Legacy of Sir William Osler" a few years ago.

> Now this is the copy with the Green Dust jacket. Not the  special printing

> of only 250 copies with hand bound leather hard cover 250 copies signed
and

> numbered making their value today very high.

> I have just found the value of the green dust jacket version has increased

> to?????? READY????????? :-)

> ON LINE.......... $4,896.01! Per copy!

> Now those of you who purchased my LEICA created book a few years ago for

> what I think was $100.oo per copy from my office? Might feel cool about

> your

> investment in a Ted Grant BOOK! :-)

> Certainly with an asking price of $4,896.01. :-)

> Now If I had known they would become of that dollar value I might have
kept

> a few in stock! :-) OH well that's life and all you owners can feel good
it

--

Cheers

Geoff