Subject: [Leica] M9 reliability question - from the Leica Website
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 10:15:06 -0500
References: <B7874C91-D17C-48C3-BC3C-784AC35909F6@frozenlight.eu> <1C283978-5E5B-42A7-9426-847318EB9DE0@verizon.net> <8C2E4D5B-683B-4203-9445-2F252B03264D@frozenlight.eu> <4DD9B80B905042C0AE2094B3CF004498@Family> <8BD30673-2951-4668-BFA5-0ACD38D78C93@frozenlight.eu> <6d3cf876-b755-31c7-41ff-f3c06c7472dd@lighttube.net> <9562ba8e-e2b8-0ee5-08c6-1d2c62dd6529@gmx.de> <65007428-d658-b839-098c-3c06fa0ed702@lighttube.net> <9467ECB8-73F5-4CE0-A1D4-6F7740AB7E32@frozenlight.eu>

Nathan,

 From what I have read, there is no crossover date.  Somewhere around
January 2016 they started using the improved sensor cover, but were also
still using some of the older covers.  It is implied, no, I have not
seen it written, that the factory made the firmware update when they
installed the newer sensor system.

John M. says in another post that 1.204 is not available for download.
I have no way of knowing about this point.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M9 reliability question - from the Leica Website)
Message from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Verizon 2 2016) ([Leica] M9 reliability question)