Subject: [Leica] Best known photo ?
From: mlpowell at sbcglobal.net (Matthew Powell)
Date: Tue May 11 22:25:28 2004

On May 11, 2004, at 7:12 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
> Of course it matters if it was Spanish soldier shot was faked or not.
> How
> could it not? It has some value if it was faked? I'm going to have a
> hard
> time with that one.

Yeah, I think it does have value - a great deal of value, in fact -
were it 'faked.' In 2004 the life or death of a single Popular Front
soldier isn't all that important - in the intervening 68 years millions
more have died.

If that one shot were fake, it still stands in for the horrors of war,
for the thousands of Popular Front soldiers who died, etc.

(But I'm not a journalist and have no particular investment in
photographs as truth or evidence.)

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Best known photo ?)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Best known photo ?)