Subject: [Leica] M8 Question
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Dec 16 16:16:36 2007

Everything these days is printed digitally.  I suspect there is little
difference in the output between your Hasselblad C41 digitized and printer
compared to a Leica M8 file printed.  I suspect the E6 slide situation is
about equal... it is the print that evens out the playing field.....

Otoh, it is hard to see first generation E6 on the M8... and a properly
exposed E6 slide from a Hasselblad is simply gorgeous... oly surpassed by
a4x5 E6, surpassed by a 5x7 E6, suprassed... oh, you get the idea.......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I keep reading about how much everyone who has gotten an M8 likes it.   I
have been wondering how it would do for large prints that I have been using
my Hasselblad to produce.   How would, say, a 24x36 print from the M8
compare next to, say, a 30x30 print from a Hasselblad?    Would it be as
detailed?  Would it appear as sharp?    What would be your overall
impression?
Thanks very much,  Robert

Message from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] M8 Question)