Subject: [Leica] Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA)
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Dec 29 16:58:54 2007

At 05:36 PM 12/29/2007, you wrote:
>Only for professionals. Which is a pity.
>I deliberate choose to stay an amateur to make sure I would never be
>bothered by any commercial, deadlines or restrictions.
>Does anybody has any clue why contests like these are restricted to
>professionals only? Some contests are even restricted to students only.
>Michiel Fokkema

The vast majority of contests are for amateurs only - no
professionals allowed.  But most contests require you to sign over
all rights to any photos you enter, something no professional, and I
hope no amateur, would do!  I wouldn't let the distinctions bother
you.  Amateur has always meant doing it for love and not money ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
http://www.tinamanley.com