Subject: [Leica] Question: M8
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Dec 29 18:32:34 2007

At 09:15 PM 12/29/2007, you wrote:
>I apologize if it seems that I'm having a Lehrer moment. My intent is not to
>disparage anyone or anything, but to let you know that sometimes Leica's
>service after the sale can get one out of five stars.
>
>--
>Jeffery L. Smith

Jeffery-

I'm sorry every time I hear about someone who has had problems with
the M8 and Leica service; however, I don't know of a single digital
camera brand that has not had similar or worse problems.  Canon has
recently recalled all of their new flagship Whcamera - the
IDMIII.  After denying any problems with the first cameras, they've
now admitted that the cameras have severe focusing problems.

I'm one of the lucky ones and have never had a single problem with my
M8 or with the two loaners that I've had from Leica.  I know I'd be
upset if I had experienced your problems and gotten the response you
did.  Please take that M8 out of the box and try it again.  With any
luck at all, it will become your favorite camera and you can put all
of the bad experience behind you.  Whatever you do, don't leave it
festering in that box in the back of the closet.  That's not doing
you any good or punishing Leica in any way for their lack of service.

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
http://www.tinamanley.com