Subject: [Leica] Ted on Bravo TV DVD
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Mar 14 06:48:48 2008

G'day Hoppy,

I'm surprised your DVD arrived as quickly as it did on the far side of the
planet. But glad it did and played OK.

Thank you for your very kind comments on the film, it's production and of
course about myself. Yep that's me just being me, emotions and all . :-)

Quite frankly having never been the "subject" in a film, on lots of film
productions as a shooter, never in front of the lens as the subject. It's
overwhelming! Good, bad and without question stressful!

I think more stressful and being shown in the theatre and on TV screen.

But it's the audience re-action after the film ends when one is in
attendance!

Man have you ever been "People swamped or swarmed?" Damn it's very
intimidating, humbling and kind of scary!

And if you've never had the cameras turned on you I'm very glad I don't do
it for a living day after day!

However it sounds like you're off to a good start with the viewing and
certainly the final half with a single malt in hand relaxing. :-)

The film is now up for several awards on production, documentary story and
subject. It would be very nice for the producers if they win big time after
14-15 months of production time bringing it to the screen. More about that
later.

I'm humbled and thankful by your very kind comments, adding to asking
myself.. "Who is this guy they're talking about?" :-)

It may not seem at times online when I go "grouchy!" But I'm really a kind
of shy guy underneath it all.

Once again Hoppy thank you mon ami.

And I have to add, thank you to the LUG crew for the many positive and
beautiful e-mails of your re-actions to the film and moi. God Bless gang!

ted