Subject: [Leica] 80 Summilux R (was 'Am I being stupid? (R content)')
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 13:38:45 -0800

Richard Man offered:

> God forbid me to disagree with Dr. Uncle Ted and (gasp) Mark, but you guys
> talking about Avedon.<<

Well hell that's an easy answer.. "Avedon was from another era altogether
and he stands alone!" :-)

" or the latest focus on ultra sharp model shoots etc.
> that's one thing, but if you actually take photos of any woman from late
> 20s
> to 50s, and if you think they like that super sharp
> Avedon-show-every-oh-so-true-emotion, I...
>
> well, I don't know what to say :-) but you guys are ...
> incorrect.<<<<<<<<,

Well first of all Mark please be my guest anytime you wish to disagree with
me as there isn't anyone perfect in this world we live in! And as twitchy as
Mark can be at times, (I think he's becoming an old grouch like me?") ;-)
Hey Mark, I'm kidding ol buddy! We came through an entirely different era of
photography to most of the lads on this list as working professionals
earning our keep! Therefore in many cases our opinions are quite foreign
compared to the youth of today... Anyone 65 an younger! ;-)

Naw Richard, it falls into different categories as we're not lumping it all
into one pot as it happens on e-mail sites. We have great subjects that
would make even better conversation/discussions while having a beer and
shooting the breeze about this kind of photography subject amongst us.

> Negative clarity in LR does wonder, but there's no fault of finding
> "softer"
> glass for this portrait.<<<<<<<<<,

Now me old son you're bringing into the battle the magical wonders of today!
:-)  Photoshop, lightroom and all that other magical stuff I sometimes wish
I knew more about. Alas I've found it seems I maybe reaching the end of the
line :-( Certainly much faster than I expected, so as much as I'd like to
learn more about these marvelous wonders of the electronic digital age
computer magic. I'm finding it's becoming far more important to sit back and
enjoy the memories of my incredible past experiences as a photojournalist,
realizing its been a hell of a ride! .... and quiet moments lost in my
garden.

However my friend, any day you wish to disagree please be my guest. :-) None
of us are so perfect we can't learn nor appreciate the opinion of another
photographer.
cheers,
Dr. ted

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] 80 Summilux R (was 'Am I being stupid? (R content)'))