Subject: [Leica] So much for "film is forever"..
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 01:17:11 -0400

Canadian Archive uses microfiche which are stable for 100+ years (or
acid-free paper for documents). The Canadian census was stored that way.
?was? because I am not sure we have a real census any more.

Digital storage is very ephemeral. I doubt if most digital storage will last
more than 10 years. Those 1?s randomly change to 0?s far too frequently. I
don?t think archivist like digital media very much.

Regards,
Spencer

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] So much for "film is forever"..)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] So much for "film is forever"..)